Monday, October 26, 2009

Night Comes On


Night Comes On
Originally uploaded by McF Studios

From where I'm camped I can see across the valley to the east rim of this same canyon. Similar open view, looks like some wide spots that will give me a direct view of the SE face of the Palisade.
After breaking camp and cleaning up, I head into the lowland for more hiking and scouting. Then back up the other side before the evening light starts happening. Also easier to find a camp in the daylight. I headed up road 6-3, which is 6 miles of washboards and tight turns. Then another annoying 15 miles on the top I still hadn't found the spot I saw last night the sun is heading out of view quick and I'm not sure I can navigate the tangle of roads I followed in here. So, the backup plan was find a camp and bed down early and start driving back down at 5am. At least I wouldn't have to worry about on-coming vehicles at that hour.

Sunset was very colourful in a cloudless sky. Found these trees near camp and made the most of them. The rest of the area was socked in with lots of trees, but I found a view east with lots of aspens in a great formation just below the ridge. You can be sure I'm coming back next year a few weeks earlier.
Photo Details: Nikon D3, 70-200mm at 82mm, 1/15@f16, -1EV
From the notebook:
Sucks up here, will make the best of it and head down early. Maybe that spot I found this afternoon, Palisade should be prominent on the horizon.


Tomorrow: The Palisade

No comments:

Post a Comment