Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cubic Frost

I told you the nights got really cold!  After the light of dawn had faded into another disconcerting overcast morning, I hung my head (which helps me find stuff) and saw the frost was still around.  Since I wanted to laydown anyway,  I got down to about an three inches off the leaves to shoot this at 1:1.  The DoF was tricky, I wanted all the frost in focus and none of the ground.  After throwing a medium sized tempertantrum (awake and working for three hours w/o the benefit of coffee) I decided on a 7mm exposure stack 1mm apart, all at f/45.  The Nikon R1C1 and a well made focusing rail really made doing this a lot easier.  Had to keep finding new subjects, though, because I couldn't stop breathing on them and melting the frost. (Duh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment