Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In Eddies Gone By

Yikes!!! It's Tuesday morning, again, already!  Yesterday I decided to tear my studio apart in order to add some much needed insulation.  (Wonder how the apartment complex would feel about that?)  This turned into a bigger project that originally envisioned.  As is my style, after disconnecting my computers, then moving my desks, I started to see new ways of arranging the work area to create a more efficient space in a comfortable environment.  Well begun is half done, but I have a feeling I'm creating a backlog of work for myself.  So, let's call it an experiment.  If I commit enough time to make the space more efficient, I should be able to gain some of that time back, right?  Hmm... seems specious at best.
Today's photograph is a shining example of how a little extra energy can make a lasting impression.  This creek bed is long since dry, but the eddy pools left deep scars that provided a little needed contrast to the environment.  If you dig deep enough here, you may just find water, probably not enough for a human, but the lizards and insects and anything with roots can find a full bounty of moisture.
The blog may be sketchy for the rest of the week.  I'll do my best to post at my regular schedule, but that will depend on how deep the hole I'm digging gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment