Monday, October 25, 2010

Thought Weeds

I'm very intrested in the sun, have a look though my portfolio and you'll notice a prominent solar motif.  It kind of makes sense, to me, since we have over 300 days of sun in this part of the world.  There's not much to block the sun, either.  Well, not out on the Front Range, you have to head into the mountains or move back to the wasteland East of the Mississippi.  So, when the sun is out and you're out in it, you become very aware of it.  Rambling logic is my speciality (exactly how it sounds in my head).
The point is, when I choose to include the sun in an image, I try to present it in the way I perceived it.  Here, I was ankle deep in mud and looking for interesting high contrast patterns, but constantly fighting the sun to see any detail.  It would be perfect to hear that people are squinting while looking at this image. And, maybe I should start taking bets on what gets a blind spot first... me or my D3?

No comments:

Post a Comment