Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Pig & The Millstone

The blog will be quiet for the next few days, so I wanted to give you all something meaty to chew on while I'm away.  Typically I shy away from verbalizing these kind of arguments, but you're a quiet and contemplative audience, so I think you can handle it.  If you, too, are traveling someplace this long holiday weekend, I hope it's someplace nice and you have a safe and pleasant time.

The Pig & The Millstone... Abundance and Work... what can we take from this?  A large fattened pig sculpture placed near a worn granite millstone.
The path leads to the millstone (work), a cul-de-sac of toil.  Progress (hapiness) is obviously not the purpose of the path, the option is the circle or the way back (regression).  All the while observed by a lucid fattened sow (abundance).
I am torn, in my own interpretation of the nature of abundance.  Does she look on in mockery or promise?   Is it possible that her presence is more permanent than her meaning?
For our own answers, we must first ask, "Why the hell am I on this path, anyway?"

2 comments:

  1. I am on the path because I woke up drunk and cant find my damn way home :) by the way .. I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is, indeed, a Vicious Pig!

    ReplyDelete