Monday, June 13, 2011

Great Green Wetland Preserve

It is very difficult for me to stay on a path.  The easier the path is to walk on the sooner I'm likely to veer in another direction.  This is probably some very telling detail into my personality, but it's also a plainly stated truth.  By contrast, the more difficult the path, the more likely I am to watch my footing and not look around at everything else.  The "undeveloped trail" I was ambling along here was better than most forest roads in my current state of residence.  When I spotted this submerged area, it was a flash of yellow/green light way off the trail and through a bunch of weeds.  It was also deep in the cover, where there wasn't a breath of wind to disturb the surface of the water.  The sun was going in & out of cloud cover, so, I just had to wait and swat mosquitos until it came back out and gave this great highlight again.  If you're wondering about the title, there were little flags around this area denoting "wetland preserve" status.  It's already inside a National Park, so I guess now it's double protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment