Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Meditation #5

Meditation #5 by McF Studios
Meditation #5, a photo by McF Studios on Flickr.

In order to make this photograph, I asked my friend to hold onto my backpack while I was leaning out over the water. Using one hand I braced a gorilla pod against my chest and shallowed my breath in a fashion similar to long distance rifle shooters. The lens of the small camera I used doesn't have threads, so I hand-held a CPL tight to the rig. I find that using the smallest and lightest equipment allows me the willingness and energy to play with ideas.
I was actually attempting to photograph a protected species of fish as it munched on a bug in the shallow waters, when this composition fell into frame. I felt it was important to do whatever was necessary to avoid disturbing both the scene and the fish, hence the acrobatics.

No comments:

Post a Comment