Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FCIR Study-2

FCIR Study-2 by McF Studios
FCIR Study-2, a photo by McF Studios on Flickr.

One of my favorite discoveries in this area was this "nostril rock". Figured that I was making strangely coloured photos, so why not up the oddness a bit. This is another false coloured infrared photograph. The sepia toning is a characteristic of the filter I'm using as it allows a portion of the visible spectrum to pass as well as infrared light. The foliage is actually white or shades of grey, but an optical illusion is giving it the appearance of being slightly cyan. Kind of geeky and kind of cool, so I'm sticking with it for now. Composing a shot like this involves working through a nearly opaque filter, there's a lot of redundancy and note-taking involved. Not usually part of my MO - but strangely, I'm enjoying it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment