Thursday, November 5, 2009

Burn Path




I had every intention to write a full post yesterday.  But I'm still new at this and sometimes it slips my mind.  So I tried blogging from the iPod Touch but for whatever reason, I could only type in the title field.  Let me tell you that after the very long walk (13 miles in three and a half hours) and then driving to the opposite side of town for an evening shoot in a different Open Space, I wasn't in the mood to solve technical issues.
Today wasn't much better.  My knees hurt and I was in a funk.  I've kind of done this to myself.  The knees aren't a big deal, it's part of the game.  It's how far that I am behind where I want to be that's kind of bugging me.  I graduated art college in '94 and immediately started floundering my career and ignoring my talent.  You don't think of those things while it's happening, but they sneak up on you in traffic while driving to meet friends for lunch.
A decade ago my imagination was so active that I physically couldn't hold still.   Now I force myself up a mountain and all over hell & a'gone and then down one more trail trying to shake my muse from it's slumber.  It's not too difficult because my muse lives in the woods and we're childhood friends - kind of an easy play date.  Eh, that's what I have to building on.
Mostly that's enough.  Until I'm sitting in traffic with a knee that's gonna explode if I have to hit the clutch one more time in the next mile.

From the notebook:  burnt forest is a metaphor for those lost years.  all future growth will involve a lot of time and determination.  new sprouts aren't guarantees, either.  nature is not concerned about you.
(should have written a haiku, but I guess I should have done a lot of things and I'm gonna forgive this one)
Photo Info:  Canon G9, 1/125sec @ f/8, taken at the exact moment I got there without any consideration for the meaning or the exposure.

That's yesterday, though, and so is today (almost).  Not all doom howling around here either, the walk jarred something else awake.  A very unexpected energy.  Lot's of ideas are currently stalking the next ridge.  Just gotta get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment