Monday, May 16, 2011

The Big Cement Pier at OB

When I get bored, I go for a walk.  When I'm a city, I get bored quickly so I see a lot of a places, sometimes more than once.  Most of the time popular places like this fill up with people, so I'll wander off and see what the restaurants are like. Earlier in the day I watched a a huge flock of cormorants attack a bait ball in the rain.  Eventually the rain stopped and the crowds came back.  If you ever find yourself on this pier looking for an easy exit go straight to the pizzeria/brewery.  If you have several draughts of "Junk in the Trunkel Dunkel" you'll need to walk around bit afterward, so head back to the pier, it should be nearing sunset, which is when tourists get hungry.  This photo was made about twenty minutes afterward.  I rested the camera on the railing which was painted and sticky with fish guts, gull poop, and salt air.  I washed my hands, but no the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment