Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flashing the Bell

Every idea should be acted upon and considered later.  Following this logic I got up very early and went out into the cold morning in a down coat, gloves and hat.  Had the full kit of camera stuff, including three flashes.  Got right to playing and ended up making two hundred exposures before the sun made it to this spot.  I really wanted that specularity in this composition, so much I wan't paying any attention to how warm it was getting.  But that's what stopped me!  I was sweating in the now very warm morning, and the red faced joggers were looking at ME like I was the silly one.
So anyway, those little yellow flowers dotted throughout this photograph are more Physsaria belli.  Kind of hard to see (they're really tiny) but I was more interested in artfully recording the habitat.  There's a closeup here.

No comments:

Post a Comment